Our client specialized in Cloud Servers, Big Data & Storage is growing rapidly! PEAK-IT is currently looking for 12 Customer Support Technicians to join their team of Technical Customer Support professionals. We are looking for hands-on and passionate professionals to help the frontline support team resolving technical issues related to bare metal servers, virtual servers, storage, and networking.
- Handle customer support requests by telephone, chat, and tickets.
- Assist and guide customers on basic to intermediate use of products and services.
- Educate customers on the availability of internal and external resources designed to help resolve support issues.
- Ability to absorb and comprehend company-wide interdepartmental escalation and delegation procedures.
- Ability to absorb and comprehend Control Panel functions and features to effectively troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Perform other various duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, equivalent or a Linux hobbyist.
- Fluent in English
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Analytical skills, and demonstrated interpersonal relationship skills
- Candidates certified in CompTIA, LPIC, RHCSA, Network+, or Security+ have a strong advantage
Nice to have but not required:
- A basic to intermediate knowledge of one or more of the following operating systems:
- Windows 2012/2016 Server
- Red Hat, CentOS, FreeBSD or Debian Linux
- Virtualization platforms (Citrix XenServer, VMware, Hyper-V)
- A basic to intermediate knowledge of the following:
- Web Server (Apache, IIS, and nginx)
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- Email and Mail Servers (Qmail, Exim, Postfix, and MailEnable)
- Remote Access Tools (SSH, Remote Desktop, and IPMI/KVM)
- Database Servers (MySQL, MSSQL, Big Data Solutions)
- Network Connectivity and Troubleshooting
- A basic to intermediate ability to use the following applications and operating systems:
- Windows 7; Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox;
- Microsoft Outlook Client and/or Microsoft Outlook Web Access Client
This position is subject to Essential Operations staffing policy, requiring availability 24/7/365. You must be available and willing to work flexible shifts, including nights, weekends and holidays. (Shifts include: Day Shift, Evening Shift, and Night Shift.)
- A competitive starting salary up to €40K
- 24 days of holiday leave per year
- A group health insurance plan
- International and fun working environment
- The ability to work with the latest technology
- Weekend and shift allowences
- A temp to perm contract
About our client
Our client is a global leading dedicated server, managed hosting, and cloud computing provider. With 13 data centers in the US, Asia and Europe and a worldwide footprint of network points of presence, our client operates a global cloud infrastructure platform built for digital scale. With over a 100,000 servers, our client’s modular architecture provides unprecedented performance and control, with a full-featured API and refined automation controlling a flexible platform that consistently spans physical and virtual devices for secure, low-latency communications.
Apply by mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overqualified? Check out our Systems Administrator (Linux) – €40K – €60K position!