For one of the largest Cloud companies in the world, based in Amsterdam. PEAK-IT is looking for Linux Systems Administrators to match with: Inspiration, Empowerment and Intensity. These are the key-ingredients that our client, specialized in Cloud Services, Big Data & Storage is looking for. They are willing to extend their team of professionals with individuals looking for that technical and creative freedom in hosted solutions. We are looking for hands-on and passionate open source professionals; to perform system administration tasks at an expert level. Resolving and assisting customer support needs. You must be able to handle 24/7 on call responsibilities, 365 days a year. Can you handle this? Apply now!
What will your core tasks look like as a Linux Systems Administrator?
You will provide system administrator knowledge and flexibility for a large department focusing on Cloud computing and Hosting. You know how demanding and exciting this field of work can be. Therefore you will get challenged every single day, Your tasks as a Linux Systems Administrator will at least include, but not be limited to:
- Software provisioning maintenance: Tests, updating and expansion;
- Troubleshoot escalations quick and accurately;
- Improvement of process; solutions, services and configurations;
- Multi-tasking projects of various priority levels and time lines;
- Participate in standby shifts providing 24/7 coverage of systems stability.
Who are you?
New development of trends or technology are on your radar. Your ability to analyze the impact of new features or software are renowned. You are able to transform new possibilities to requirements and compatibilities with existing infrastructure.
- Deep knowledge of networking standards as TCP/IP, DHCP, VLAN, QoS e.g.
- Apache familiarity preferably with Shell scripting knowledge.
- English native or second language familiarity is preferred. Further knowledge of other languages is appreciated.
- Experienced automation tools user or evangelist for Chef, Puppet, Ansible to deploy and configure environments;
Advanced to expert systems administrator skills and a minimum of 2 years in similar functions, performing System Administration. And troubleshooting tasks in a production environment. furthermore:
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, being a proven open source enthusiast is a must!
- Must be able to work in the Netherlands without Sponsorship.
- Preferably 5+ years of experience performing system administration and troubleshooting in a production environment;
- Experience with the following Operating Systems: CentOS, RedHat, Debian, Ubuntu, SUSE, Linux, FreeBSD, XenServer, VMware ESXi, Windows Server;
- Experience and/or knowledge of Kickstart, Preseed, AutoYAST, BSDInstall, PXE/TFTP, Systemd, XML, XSLT, PHP, Git;
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python, Ruby.
- Automation tools implementer or evangelist.
What do we offer?
- A highly competitive salary.
- 24 days of holiday leave per year.
- A group health insurance plan.
- International and fun working environment.
- The ability to work with the latest technology.
About our client
Our client is a global leading dedicated server, managed hosting, and cloud computing provider. With 13 data centers in the US, Asia and Europe and a worldwide footprint of network points of presence, our client operates a global cloud infrastructure platform built for digital scale. With over a 100,000 servers, our client’s modular architecture provides unprecedented performance and control, with a full-featured API and refined automation controlling a flexible platform that consistently spans physical and virtual devices for secure, low-latency communications.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reach out to us with any questions at the following number and ask for Chenara: 06-24881903