Our client specialized in Cloud Servers, Big Data & Storage is growing rapidly! PEAK-IT is currently looking for Linux Systems Administrator to join their team of professionals. We are looking for hands-on and passionate professionals to perform system administration tasks at an expert level to assist or resolve customer support needs.
- Ability to absorb and comprehend company-wide interdepartmental escalations and delegation procedures, allowing for the proper transference of various internal/customer-related services and issues.
- Interact heavily with customers, both verbally and in writing.
- Receive escalations from the tier 1 team and own until resolution. In this position you will be the final escalation point for the majority of our customer support requests.
- Assist and educate customers on basic to intermediate use of products or services.
- Occasionally may be required to provide training to tier 1 and tier 2 teams.
- Escalate technical issues to various internal teams as required.
- Work directly with vendors.
- Work with management to improve productivity, policy, and other high level functions of the group.
- Perform other various duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma, equivalent or a Linux hobbyist.
- Fluently in English and one of the following: French, German, Italian
- You’re willing to obtain technical certifications.
- You possess strong analytical skills, and effective interpersonal relationship skills.
- You’re willing to work 24/7 shifts.
- Able to work with executives and highly technical teams of our VIP customers.
- Ability to function as a team member and get along with others.
Nice to have:
An advanced to expert systems administrator skillset and at least 5 years’ experience working with one or more of the following operating systems:
- Windows Server (2003 or newer)
An advanced to expert knowledge of the following:
- Storage concepts, filesystems, backup types and implementation.
- Network Troubleshooting:
- Routing and connectivity
- Troubleshooting complex environments using one or more security mechanisms such as VPN, firewalls, and other ACLs
- Troubleshooting server throughput issues & packetloss
- Strong understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3
- Apache, nginx, or IIS
- Firewalls: software or hardware.
- Load Balancers: software or hardware.
- Protocols: DNS, SMTP, TCP/IP, HTTP, and SSL
- A highly competitive salary
- 24 days of holiday leave per year
- A group health insurance plan
- International and fun working environment
- The ability to work with the latest technology
About our client
Our client is a global leading dedicated server, managed hosting, and cloud computing provider. With 13 data centers in the US, Asia and Europe and a worldwide footprint of network points of presence, our client operates a global cloud infrastructure platform built for digital scale. With over a 100,000 servers, our client’s modular architecture provides unprecedented performance and control, with a full-featured API and refined automation controlling a flexible platform that consistently spans physical and virtual devices for secure, low-latency communications.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions contact our Recruitment Consultant: Ilse Brok: +31653377311
The client is also looking for Linux Customer Support Technicians, please follow link below:
is this more to your liking?